In Archer Danger Phone, players can join events. These special events are often based on plots seen in episodes of the show, or entire seasons. In this case, this is the "Pirate Kingdom" event. To make the scene I:
- Develop the mesh based on approved references
- Keep everything under 20k tris to avoid lag on older phones
- Cut, stack, and manually layout UV’s. Over time I have developed macros and better strategies for this process.
- Create textures in Substance Painter at 1024x1024 resolution
- Bake lighting and paint fixes onto the .EXR light map
- Create prefab in Unity, set up tests, renders, and videos. Send off final shots to Lucas Film Games and Floyd County for approval.