A test in making photorealistic environments. I decided to focus on making a hallway since it both keeps a narrow scope for the project and allows for some experimentation. The lighting and mood are partially inspired by Returnal's house scenes.
The process started in Maya and later moved to Blender:
- Collected references to older victorian homes, and blocked out a scene.
- Modelled the main aspects of the environment
- Photo scanned a shoe to add to the scene
- Textured with a mixture of photoshop and substance painter
- Adjusted scene in marmoset toolbag
- Experimented with multiple scene lighting options
- Rendered final shots in Marmoset