I was brought on to the Game of Thrones: Conquest team earlier this year to assist in their City Refresh push. Moving the City from a full sprite-based 2D city to a 3D city with custom lighting was a large undertaking, but there is no better celebration for 5 years of the game than this!
Huge thanks to Mike Anciello, Joseph Williams, Jeremy Mack, Sean Huxter, Grant Doney, Jon Young, Ed Hull, Angel Ortiz, Alex Jury, Amy Kaufman and anyone else who had a part in taking this City into the next dimension.
My responsibilities included:
- 3D Modeling multiple buildings based off of concepts, old 2D assets, greyboxes, or from scratch.
- Greyboxing tiers for stable, range, and barracks.
- Light baking day and night cycles on buildings
- Setting up special lighting for events, coordinated with Jon Young on this.
- Setting up prefabs for tech art to populate
- Setting building locations in level
- Vertex coloring buildings to add variation
- Fixing Visual Bugs as they were found, including z-fighting and location issues
- Developing custom shadowplanes to make static shadows on all buildings
- Creating the level plaque to showcase building levels
- Made assets work with our roof coloring system to allow player kingdoms to have custom building colors.