In Archer Danger Phone, players get generators to gain money. This project works off of levels 1 and 2, which were built by other artists on the team. A majority of assets other than the base of the walls, flooring, and curtains were made by myself.
In order to create the scene, I did the following:
- Develop the mesh based on show references and concepts. Meshes are required to stay under 20k tri's when possible to ensure older phones can run the game.
- Remove back faces and start creation of UV shells.
- UV shells, excluding glass must all be on one UV set. This set cannot be larger than 1024 x 1024, and all shells that can be stacked should be to ensure maximum use of the uv space.
- Texturing is done with a mixture of substance painter and photoshop. All detail is painted onto the diffuse, as the actual unity material only utilizes the diffuse and a lightmap created using proprietary baking resources.
- Assets are brought into Unity, textures are applied, and a baking tool is used to create a lightmap. The lightmap uses a second UV set with no stacking. Any issues are painted over in photoshop and reimported to unity.
- Lighting materials and glass shaders are added to mesh in unity where needed. This scene allowed for god rays, which utilize our light shader.
- Camera's and related scripts are set up, and then used to create images that are sent to Disney and Floyd County for approval.