Continued development of main scenes in the mobile title, Archer Danger Phone. In this case, working on levels 1 and 2 of the Gillette Family Farm scene. Working off concepts, I developed 2 of the 3 levels, aiding in delivering the intended storyline for these characters. The specific step-by-step development process can be seen below!
In order to create the scene, I did the following:
- Develop the mesh based on show references and concepts. Meshes are required to stay under 20k tri's when possible to ensure older phones can run the game.
- Remove back faces and start the creation of UV shells.
- UV shells, excluding glass must all be on one UV set. This set cannot be larger than 1024 x 1024, and all shells that can be stacked should be to ensure maximum use of the UV space.
- Texturing is done with a mixture of substance painter and photoshop. All detail is painted onto the diffuse, as the actual unity material only utilizes the diffuse and a lightmap created using proprietary baking resources.
- Assets are brought into Unity, textures are applied, and a baking tool is used to create a lightmap. The lightmap uses a second UV set with no stacking. Any issues are painted over in photoshop and reimported to unity.
- Lighting materials and glass shaders are added to mesh in unity where needed. This scene allowed for god rays, which utilize our light shader.
- Cameras and related scripts are set up and then used to create images that are sent to Disney and Floyd County for approval.